As 2018 approaches, what’s on the horizon for mobile travel? What dominant trends will we see shape consumer travel decisions so that travel brands can make key strategic decisions of where to make digital investments to be as successful as possible in 2018?
Last December we compiled our first ever Mobile Travel Trends report. Following on from it’s success we’ve put together an even more comprehensive and extensive report for 2018.
This year we interviewed more thought-leaders, surveyed 55 airline and travel industry professionals from 5 different continents and, for the first time, conducted primary research with 955 end-travelers across the globe to find out what trends will dominate the mobile travel landscape in 2018.
With technology evolving at such a rapid rate, travel brands need to think about things differently, as there are now opportunities to engage at every step of the customer journey and through multiple new platforms.
So, what should ambitious travel brands focus their mobile strategy and investment on next? Our Mobile Travel Trends 2018 report reveals the eight key trends that we believe will dominate the mobile travel industry next year, including:
- Extending airline touchpoints - how travel brands can use data sharing to enhance the traveler experience
- Voice - how chatbots and virtual assistants will play a role in nearly all aspects of a trip
- Go to where the customer is - the messaging explosion, how the travel conversation is going to change with the ‘on-demand’ generation
- The changing face of mobile apps - will PWA’s take off in 2018?
- The death of the mobile friction point - will auto check-in become a reality?
- The impact of blockchain on the travel industry - will bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies become a mainstream payment option for travel brands?
- Predictive analytics - how machine learning and AI will play a role in enhancing personalization to deliver increased conversion rates
- Enhanced Mobile payments - will widespread single click payments and the rise of blockchain breathe new life into mobile payments?
We also unveil the findings from research we conducted with both senior airline and travel professionals, plus end traveler research findings. This will help you gain a better understanding of what your peers are planning for mobile in 2018, plus what your customers expect from you as a travel brand.
We examine where end travelers prefer to use apps over mobile web, how open they are to using chatbots to book a trip or a flight and which channels they expect to communicate through as new technologies and platforms emerge.
Download our Mobile Travel Trends 2018 report now to discover how you can define a great mobile strategy that delights your customers, boosts your bookings and helps you stay one step ahead of the competition in 2018 and beyond.